Is to provide information on pressure systems containing relevant fluids, and to ensure that candidates have a thorough understanding of the MOD Safe System of Work and associated Permit to Work procedures.
- The Relationship between pressure and temperature
- Boilers and pressure system components
- Associated Health and Safety Statutory Regulations
- The Pan Cypriot Safety of Pressure Systems and Pressure Vessels Safety Requirements inc;
- Essential Requirements (Pressure Equipment) Regulations of 2003 (P.I. 311/2003) KDP 311_2003.
- The Essential Requirements (Pressure Equipment) Notification of 2004 (P.I. 289/2004) KDP 289_2004
- The Essential Requirements (Pressure Equipment – Harmonised Standards) Notification of 2010 (P.I. 38/2010) KDP 38_2010
- The Essential Requirements (Simple Pressure Vessels) Regulations of 2003 (P.I. 312/2003) KDP 312_2003
- The Essential Requirements (Simple Pressure Vessels) Decision of 2004 (P.I. 290/2004) KDP 290_2004
- The Essential Requirements (Simple Pressure Vessels – Harmonised Standards) Notification of 2009 (P.I. 283/2009) KDP 283_2009
- The Uk Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (An Overview)
- MOD JSP 375 Vol 3 Chap 4 Mechanical Systems (Safety Rules and Procedures)
- Roles and Duties of Appointed Persons
- Safety Operation and Maintenance procedures
- Risk Assessment
- Documentation Control
- Audit and monitoring
- Classroom exercises
- Computer aided exercises
- Candidates are assessed throughout the course to Defence Estates standards
TRAINING METHODS & EQUIPMENT USED:
Lectures, presentations, demonstrations, précised handouts and videos. LCD projector.
Course Presenter: Mr Maurice Bowling