COURSE AIM & OBJECTIVES:-
The course is designed to meet the requirement for the Management, Authorisation and Supervision of Work at height on the MOD Estate in accordance with the requirements and procedures of MOD Safety Rules and Procedures contained in JSP 375, Volume-2, and Chapter-7.
The course will provide delegates with the required level of understanding of procedures they need to follow which are associated with Working at Height and give the necessary guidance to carry out their duties to meet mandatory and statutory requirements.
Who will benefit:
Persons who have been selected for appointment as Authorising Engineers (AE), Authorised Persons (AP) and Persons in Charge (POC) Working at Height.
What will be covered?
- An Introduction to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations v1999.
- The Working at Height regulations 2005.
- Types of Working at Height
- Application of JSP 375, Volume 2 Chapter 7
- Safety Management Team
- Fall Protection Equipment (FPE) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Authorised Climbers
- JSP Documentation
- Safe Systems of work for Work at Height
- Risk Assessment for Works at Height
- Monitoring and Auditing
- JSP 375 Volume 2 – Leaflet 7.
Training Methods & Equipment Used:
Lectures, LCD projector, demonstrations, power-point presentation, training handouts, Scenario Exercise Safe Systems of Work for Work at Height, test.
Assessment / Certification:
Each delegate will receive a certificate (valid for a period of FOUR years) of training upon successful completion of the Course with a note added to confirm that the course is approved by the Cyprus Human Resource Development Authority.
Mr Martin Hippsley
Delegates attending the course, who are to be appointed under the MOD Safety Rules, should be in possession of a competed and countersigned log book at the beginning of the course.
Candidates will be assessed in accordance with Defence Estate standards and procedures. This course is not designed as an Approved Climbers Course.