The purpose of the training is to understand the importance of personal and food hygiene, as well as the role of an internal audit in the implementation of HACCP system (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
Upon completion of the training course, participants will achieve the following objectives:
Level of Knowledge:
a) To recognize the importance of monitoring and compliance with the legislative framework that governs personal and food hygiene, as well as the responsibilities and obligations that derive from the legislative requirements in relation to the HACCP system (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
b) To recognize the importance of personal and food hygiene, and the correct and incorrect practices in their department.
c) To organize and plan correctly an internal audit.
d) To apply the principles of HACCP system (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
e) To correctly fill out the system’s forms
f) To prevent food contamination by correctly applying personal and food hygiene
g) With the completion of an internal audit, to be able to compile and prepare audit checklists, reports and follow-up on any corrective actions.
h) To encourage the proper implementation of food and personal hygiene to their departments
i) To demystify the idea that food poisoning can only happen to other businesses.
j) To accept that proper implementation of food and personal hygiene is important also on a personal level.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
HACCP committee members, kitchen management team, food handlers and auditors of HACCP requirements.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
• The Food handler
• What is HACCP (Hazards, Determining hazards and controls involve, Legislation requirements)
• The flow of food (HACCP flow chart) and safe method of food preparation)
• Food contact surfaces
• Procedures (Allergens, Pest control, Calibration, Dish-washing, Maintenance of equipment,
Reporting of food-borne illness, Documentation, Microbiological testing, Emergency procedures)
• Auditing and inspecting a kitchen
• Kitchen Inspection – cleaning routine, fridge, freezer temperatures, pest control, legionella
tests, cooking facilities, waste, refuge collection. Etc.
• Preparation Inspection and audit Checks lists / Audit report, following up on any Corrective
• Presentation of the audit reports and findings
All delegates after being assessed and successful completing the course will be awarded a certificate with a note added to confirm that the course was approved by the Cyprus Human Resource Development Authority.
COURSE PRESENTER: Mr Giorgos Evangelou